The 2019 FBstart accelerator program is a six-month intensive research and Master Class program for innovative startups that are next generation solutions providers in the tech world.
The program aims at establishing teams of various individuals and match them with adequate resources from Facebook and CcHub to optimise value.
As at April 2019, FBStart accelerator at NG_HUB had raised $400,000 in grants and investments.
FBStart accelerator program seeks solutions to be provided in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Science, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR).
Benefits of The Program
- Cohorts will be awarded an equity-free grant worth $20,000 and $10,000 for the student team for start-up
- Total access to corporate partners, stakeholders and a range of network and exhibition at annual Innovation showcase week
- Unlimited access to workshops, seminars and other programs that will aid start-up necessities
- An office space at NG_HUB Yaba and $15000 worth of product and services, courtesy of Facebook and CcHub
- One-on-one mentorship with in-house experts
To be eligible for the program, the following requirements must be met:
- Teams are mandated to have an engineer or technicians with the knowledge and skill to build advanced technology
- Applications are only acceptable in Ghana and Nigeria
- The program is designed for two purposes; onsite acceleration for start-up teams i.e start-ups with existing products and market base; and virtual acceleration for student teams with a workable template
- Applicants must be a BSc, MSc, PhD degree student in a Nigerian/ Ghanaian institution as at July 2019
How to Apply
Visit https://cchubnigeria.com/fbstart/ to begin with the process.
Application for this program ends on the 30th of June, 2019.